Who Are We?
The Friends of Nepal, NJ (FON-NJ), is a for purpose
organization. It acts as a catalyst for individuals, community, and organizations by providing networking and educational opportunities to promote social and cultural heritage of Nepal. The
mission of FON-NJ is to increase awareness and understanding of social and cultural heritage of Nepal, promote networking opportunities for those who are interested in Nepal and its culture and help
underprivileged people in Nepal.
Preserve the cultural heritage, traditions and customs of Nepal.
Nepalese arts, literature, music, dances and customs.
educational opportunities for children.
assistance to increase the welfare of the people of Nepal.
3 -5 YEAR PLANNING HORIZON
~ OUTCOME-ORIENTED GOALS
GOAL I: PLAY LEADERSHIP ROLE IN PROMOTING AND PRESERVING CULTURAL HERITAGE OF NEPAL.
FON-NJ will be viewed as (and will function as) a proactive, team oriented player in promoting and preserving cultural heritage of Nepal.
- Improve FON-NJ's ability to be an active partner and facilitator in project planning and implementation with community institutions, public agencies, and the
Increase public perception and awareness by key local, regional and county opinion leaders of the value of FON-NJ's leadership role in the Tri-State state
Increase efforts to become the focal point for communication among various groups within the community.
- Establish advisory board to build and promote the organization.
Collaborate on programs with various groups that have complementary interests that is complementary with FONNJ.
Identify opportunities for utilizing FON-NJ membership as a resource for developing linkages in Nepal.
Create sustainable programs that focus on our common goal and mission
Children’s education in Nepal
Develop Exemplary Service Award - USA-Nepal
Humanitarian Award video
Summer Picnic Award Program to recognize outstanding individuals
Identify, acquire and leverage resources necessary to support and develop FONNJ's programs and activities in Nepal and US
Seek external funding
Expand linkages with corporations and organizations
GOAL 2: ADVOCACY AND PARTNERSHIP
FOR EDUCATING CHILDREN AND DISADVANTAGED PEOPLE IN NEPAL
FON-NJ will be a powerful, unified and dynamic advocate for
Nepal’s economically disadvantaged people.
- Increase the value that organizations of all sizes find in FON-NJ's advocacy efforts.
Expand participation in FON-NJ by member advocacy groups
Increase recognition of FON-NJ as the collective voice of Nepalese with all levels of Community.
Increase influence with Friends of Nepal and people interested in Nepal through key organization contacts.
Improve and increase communication and interactions with all levels of community.
Solicit input and viewpoints of members on issues.
- Appoint Goodwill Ambassadors in Nepal
- Send SANDESH NEWSLETTER to organizations in Nepal
- Have Goodwill Ambassadors from US visit project sites and meet with key people in Nepal
GOAL 3 - MEMBER VALUE AND ENGAGEMENT
Members and organizations will view FON-NJ as an essential partner to their success and worthy of their investment in time, dollars and commitment, because of the unique value it
- Increase perception of FON-NJ as the organization of choice for community people to increase opportunities, exchange viewpoints, networking and enhance
Increase awareness of FON-NJ.
Increase membership retention and attraction based on the value delivered to members.
Increase and enhance processes, structure and programs that encourage and strengthen networking opportunities and relationships among members.
Increase access to NETWORKING and competencies in order for members to create and sustain successful LIVING.
- Determine what programs and services successful FONNJ offer by talking with members.
events and programs that focus on specific members need.
alliances with local and regional organizations to enhance networking and other opportunities.
- Membership directory
- Homepage/Email/List Serve/database
- Plan annual programs and activities
- Expand Membership
- Build a broader membership base to reach a goal of 150 members representing diverse groups.
- Develop contacts with partners in Nepal and US
- Develop programs to orient new members and provide networking opportunities.
- Increase life menbership to 50
- Develop a plan to allow for communication between members and organizations - E-newsletter
- Co-Sponsor events with other organizations
- Increase Legacy Circle membership to 50